Drawing lines and arcs

Hi All,

    I have a query regarding drawing objects in GTK. I wanted to draw lines,
arcs on a surface. Something like paint application. These are the only two
objects that I wanted to draw. The co-ordinates depend upon the cursor position.
The user will click and drag the mouse to draw the objects. I wanted to know is
there any object which does the same for me (some thing like line or arc
object), and hence avoids flickering while drawing.

Regards
Deekshit M