Strange behaviour with printf vs. g_print (Repost)

Hello All!
        I'm verry sorry to repost this message. I posted it a week or
so ago before going on vacation. Today; going through all my mails
(and doubble checking on the list archives) I didn't find a response.
This subject is my first priority upon my return.

--------- Original contents of my message ------------

        This question is probably aimed at the developers
of Gtk/glib etc... but I'll be glad to hear from anyone if they
have an answer for me.

        I'll have to start by saying that we're presently using a GTK 1.3 .
I have a dynamic shared library which links with libmysqlclient and with
glib and uses the g_print/g_warning/g_message routines. when I link with
this
library and call a function that will use one of the g_print routines
.... the
application's standard printf fprintf etc functions won't work.

        this is strange because if I do something like this:

void main() {
        while (1) {
                g_print("gprint\n");
                printf("printf\n");
                g_warning("g_warning");
                g_message("g_message");
                fprintf(stderr, "fprintf\n");

The standard printf functions still work.

        It doesnt affect my software directly but it scares me because I'm
writing software that is expected to run for weeks on end or as long as
possible without rebooting the machine.

If nobody has any clue; don't worry about it I won't repost
again. I'll let you know if I find a bug or if I find that it's
an unrelated bug.

Many thanks for you're support
        -Tristan.