GtkListStore memory leak?

hi,

i've been working with the new GtkListStore and am having trouble freeing memory with it. if i clear a list with gtk_list_store_clear () and add more items to the list, my memory use increases. if i clear the list and don't add any items, the memory use doesn't drop. i'm working with items which have ~80 fields, so after refreshing the list view a couple of times, my application goes from useing 11 megs of ram to 25. is there a proper way to free the list memory, or is this a gtk+ bug?

todd