Re: Some questions about GTK2 and glib2

Josh Green <jgreen users sourceforge net> writes:

I have an application that uses GObject in its underlying support
libraries. I had for a while been using a gobject2gtk support layer that
I got from the GStreamer project (for use with GTK1.2). I recently
decided to ditch the compatibility layer and require GObject, since I
found it too restrictive. I also ported the GUI to GTK2.

The problem is that I still want to have some sort of support for GTK1.2
users.

I think you aren't doing yourself any favors by trying this.  I'd just
rely on users ability to get gtk2.

I've decided to make the new GTK2 port a separate code branch from the
GTK1.2 code. I still want to use GObject with the GTK1.2 branch
though. So the question is:

Can my underlying shared libraries use GObject/glib2 and link with the
main GUI program that uses GTK1.2/glib1.2?

No. Any approach here is going to involve a lot of pain on your part.

Good Luck,
-Jonathan