2nd request, properly formatted printing

Hello,

Is there no way to properly format output to a printer in C? I tried looking at openoffice and abiword, but much of it is written in C++ and I don't have time to learn C++ before my deadline in a few days. I need a way to take a clist and format it for mailing labels and a different clist and format it for a transcript. Please help if anyone knows how to properly format printing in C. Again, it needs to be portable between Linux and windows, otherwise it will have to be a windows only app, and I don't want that.

Again, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Randy Hess