Popup dialogs

Hello

I'm trying to write a GTK+ (1.2.x) program (using Glade) that contains:

* A main window with a CList on it
* A popup "properties" dialog

The idea being the CList contains data, and when you double-click on a
row, the "properties" dialog pops up. You then edit the properties,
"OK" the dialog and the CList is updated accordingly.

I can do everything except update the CList. At that point I'm stuck.
There's no widget pointer to pass into lookup_widget(), the only one
relates to the "property" dialog, not the main window.

I create the properties dialog in the callback for my clist's
on_foo_select_row(), but once I've shown the window, control continues
(I'm used to the Window$ MFC where you do a .DoModal() and it waits for
you to close the dialog).

Is the easiest way to declare a global variable that points to my main
window and use that? or is there a better way?

--
I will not defame New Orleans

6AD6 865A BF6E 76BB 1FC2 | www.piku.org.uk/public-key.asc
E4C4 DEEA 7D08 D511 E149 | www.piku.org.uk wnzrf cvxh bet hx (rot13'd)