Re: GHashTable Question

Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> wrote:

I think it was right. Though it might be a lot simpler to just use
g_hash_table_new_full() (to auto-free your keys) and
g_hash_table_replace().

Well, the first of those looks like it'd be for, basically, replacing
the entire hash table.  And the second... I'm not sure what that's
about.  What is the point in replacing a key with an identical key?
(Neither of these are in 1.2, in any event.)

Anyway, I'm wondering if I can get a *definitive* answer on this.  We
have somebody insisting, based on that Ximian piece, that the way I
presented of replacing the value for a key will result in duplicate
keys and, effectively, a memory leak.  Which, again, is not what the
API docs say.

Thanks,
Jim
--
Jim Seymour                  | PGP Public Key available at:
jseymour LinxNet com         | http://www.uk.pgp.net/pgpnet/pks-commands.html