Re: gtk_thread stuff

  You could do the way described below -- Which is the preferred, best way. But
if you insist on using thread, take a look at:

http://www.gtk.org/faq/#AEN462 ( The GTK FAQ)

Harring
--- G Hasse <gh raditex se> wrote:
On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, zhang li wrote:

hi,

does somebody have experience to use gtk_thread stuff?
I have a main thread in which gtk_main() is called to
deal with user event, such as button clicking. Now I
wanna create another gtk thread which is used
specifically to display some animation. How to do
that?

You could add a time out function

gtk_timeout_add(  50 , (GtkFunction)Repaint, &RepaintInfo );

to do that.

Göran

Thanks.

sincerely,
li

=====
"We should do smart things with stupid technology before we do stupid
things with smart technology."
                              --Bill Buxton, Alias Research

Harring Figueiredo