How can I do this?

I'm developing a program in GTK+ 1.2 very similar to the NetAnts for
windows.

So, the idea of the program is to download files over the Net by segments.
The program break the file in several segments and download them at the
same time.
The HTTP download process is implemented - FTP is being implemented.

So, what I don't know how to do is how to show the user where every
segment is. In NetAnts, there is a kind of widget that shows all blocks (I
think it uses bitmaps). The blocks in gray are to be downloaded, the
blocks in red are the actual position and the blocks in blue are the
blocks that were downloaded. What's the best way to implement this in GTK?

Thanx in advance!

João Paulo F Farias
jpfarias natal digi com br