RE: how to get mouse and keyboard focus?

Carlos,

I´d like to thank you by your answer.

I read the documentation and I saw that gtk_grab_add() works only for the
same application and not to all running applications.

I used the ideia of the funtion name you gave me and I saw two functions
called gdk_pointer_grab() and gdk_keyboard_grab().

I think that it will solve my problem.

Thanks again.

Perhaps you could just use a modal window:
        gtk_grab_add (window)  gtk1.2
which by definition grabs focus, so everything else
is blocked. Your dialog window could have only
a label showing a message, something as:

"time for cofee :-), mouse and keyboard disabled :-("

After some minutes you just remove this
window and the user has control again.
If you want (and you know the times)
you can even add a progress