Re: GTK 1.2 -> 1.3? (was Re: GTK+ 1.2.x on Win32?)

On Sat, 2002-04-06 at 22:36, Taura Milana wrote:
Hi,

   I read http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/ and it
suggests to use GTK 1.3, so I was wondering if there
are any tutorials on porting GTK 1.2 to 1.3?

I am running Gtk 1.2.10 under Linux (which I then checkout with CVS onto
my Windows box, compiling with Gtk 1.3) and I can't see the difference
the be honest.  I havnt had any compatibility problems if that is what
you're worried about.  It should be fine.

The one thing that I will say is that I havn't managed to find a
CHANGELOG file or place on the site with which tell you the things
fixed, added, etc (for the Win32 ver of Gtk 1.3).  This would be good,
so if anyone has seen it, point the way...

 Also
the web page did not mention where to get the
.dll's and .lib's (or I couldn't find them) does
anyone know?

There should be a download link you will notice that there are versions
with "src" and "dev" in the title of the download, eg, for Gtk 1.3, go
to:

http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32//downloads.html

Go down the page to the links for the various downloads.  For the .LIBs
and header files you need :

- gtk+-dev-1.3.0-20020310.zip

for the compiled DLLs themselves, you need:

- gtk+-1.3.0-20020313.zip

Note: If you read the paragraph, they (in most cases) tell you what the
files your downloading depend on, eg Gtk requires "GLIB" and "iconv".
You DONT need the "src" downloads unless you plan to change Gtk or the
other packages in some way, or what to compile it for your machine.

--
Sincerely,                  ,"-_                         \|/
-Capt. Taura M.             ,   O=__                    --X--