Libs??

Hi!

Am I the only one darn tired of all those gtk and glibs ? versions not working,
versions out of date? And most of all, uninstalls that doesn't work!
And glib-2 is not compatible with glib-1.2.x ? Ah, great that you let people know
that! I don't know how many hour's Ive spent on this. And besides, the
installation of glib-2.0.1 replaces glib.h in /usr/local/include. What impact does this have on glib-1.2.9 ?
Why can't you write proper uninstall scripts,
that really uninstalls glib? Why is this so hard for you to do? Don't you even
know yourselves what you have written? Why does ½ of my configure scripts work?
And the other half not ? Some says that glib-1.2.9 i installed, but the
glib-config says 1.2.10. WEll, not a problem I thought. I edited glib-config
so that it gave the 1.2.9 as output on --version. And oh boy, did it work?
Wouldn't think so, oh no.. I got the exact same error! Just reversed, it said
that the headers showed 1.2.10 but glib-config gave 1.2.9. WHAT IS THIS!??!
I removed glib-1.2.9 exactly as it's supposed to be removed. Then I tried
to remove glib-2.0.1 using make clean and make install.. but did all the files disappear? No...
/usr/local/include/glib-2.0 is still there. Why is that?
Even though I've done a make install. YOU SHOULDN'T RELASE THIS RUBBISH!!
make install in glib-2.0.1 doesn't create any glib.h /usr/local/install
which it should, since the installation instructions says that this
file should be removed beföre make install is performed.
Don't you even know what files you put where? And what did you expect to happen
when you CHANGE the installation directory! You think that all old configure scripts all of a sudden changes
it self, juts because you guys change the
installation directory ? I don't know how many hours I've spent with this.
And has it crossed your mind that there is two glib-config created if
you run configure in both glib-2.0.1 and glib-1.2.10. What impact does this have
on future configures... Can't you just do a package for each and
distribution, which installs all the newest glib and gtk stuff? No one I've
spoken with has any clue what so ever what this is all about. Please! Write a
normal FAQ/HowTo, make packages whatever.. this really sucks!

And the same goes for gtk. Uninstallations failing, configures failing. Why
can't you jst release finished packages if you think this is soo darn good?
This would be a great idea, since you're probably the only guys on earth that
knows how these libs works, and where they're about?

--
Best regards, Erik

Main:
insight metalab unc edu