gtk_label_set_text in glade made sources

Hello,

I am a newbe GTK/Gnome developer.  I have started
using  Anjuta IDE.  This uses GLADE for it's GUI
designer.  Well I have designed my GUI and generated
my C source code from it.

What I am doing is not to complicated.  I have done it
hundreds of times in MSVC++.  I need to change a label
that I created earlier using GLADE.

I tried putting the line between two generated lines.
In hopes that it would change the label before it
shows the window.  I have looked at the docs on
www.gnome.org and the gtk tutorials but I still don't
see what I need to do.

window1 = create_window1 ();

  gtk_label_set_text(
GtkLabel(label_put_hostname_here), "BigJoe");

  gtk_widget_show (window1);

I get the error:
Parse Before GtkLabel.

I get another message before that VERSION is
undeclared.  Do I need to set that?

Thanks

Joe

PS.  If this isn't the spot for this please push me in
the right direction.