return focus to entry

Hi all

I have defined 5 GtkEntry in my window. I'd like to check correct of data in entry.
So, I've connected to signal "focus_out_event" and in callback function I check data.
In case if data are wrong I'd like to return focus back to the wrong entry. How can I do this?
I've tried gtk_signal_emit_stop_by_name(GTK_OBJECT (widget), "focus_out_event") + return TRUE, but it doesn't
work.
What can I doing wrong? Could I use another signal?
Thanks.
Michal.