Re: making a GtkWidget modal

I'm trying to make a GtkWidget model,.....and I noticed that there is a
function gtk_window_set_modal() that takes a GtkWindow, but nothing for a
GtkWidget.

dialog widgets, file_selection widgets, color_selection widgets,
font_selection widgets, etc... all of them are derived from
window widgets, so you just have to cast them to window widgets
(as in the example below) and apply the standard procedure
for modal windows.

But there are problems, as it doesn't make it stay
on top of other windows until it's dismissed.

This keeps dialog on top of window:
gtk_window_set_transient_for (GTK_WINDOW(dialog), GTK_WINDOW(window));

Carlos