Re: Class-Scope Properties

Tim Janik wrote:

finalizers are functions which are called when your object really ends
its lifetime, they have nothing to do with plugins (for instances that
is, _class_ finalizers are plugin type related).

I think this may be part of the problem.  Why are class finalizers limited only to
plugin types?  What's the reasoning behind this restriction?

Seems to me if resources (a class property in my case) can be allocated in any class
init function, plug-in or otherwise, there should be a way to release these resources
and the class finalize function would be the logical place.

Again, I'm only bringing this up because the debug code in GObject checks for stale
references at program exit and so I get reports of stale object references since
there's no logical place to release a class property.

Eric.