GtkCTree Problems

Hi!
  I currently write a Gtk Application (more exactly it is a Gnome-Application)
  which uses a 2-columned GtkCTree to display some file information. My
  problem is that if I file the CTree in a PThread with information the
  application sometimes suffers repaint problems. As soon as this occurs
  the application has to be restarted (only some information is repainted,
  not all). If I remove the PThread code and call the function directly
  everything works fine. Anyone knows what's wrong?

  Oh... and... I use gtk 1.2

Thx
  jochen