Re: Using the GtkHandleBox

"Scholz Maik (CM-CR/EES3) *" wrote:

Q 1.)
If i am using the GtkHandleBox, the detached window
has do frame. Can I modify the view of this window?

The handlebox is just a container (with some extra functionality
all its own), so just add another container to it if you want.
If you mean it hasn't a distinct border, then try something
like the following:

  handlebox = gtk_handle_box_new();
  gtk_handle_box_set_shadow_type(GTK_HANDLE_BOX(handlebox),
GTK_SHADOW_OUT);
  gtk_container_set_border_width(GTK_CONTAINER(handlebox), 2);
  gtk_box_pack_start(GTK_BOX(parent_container), handlebox, FALSE, FALSE,
0);
  gtk_widget_show(handlebox);

Where the second and third lines will give it a raised border.

Q 2.)
My handle Box is a child of a GtkNotebook Widget. The
detached GtkHandleBox Window becomes invisible if the
user changes the page of the notebook widget. Is there
any possibility to prevent this?

Make the handle box part of the notebooks parent container, or
else it will be withdrawn whenever the notebook page is
withdrawn. I have a feeling that any other workaround is
going to be a kludge.

3.) When the gtk 1.4 comes out.

It'll be called GTK+ 2,0, and it will appear when it's ready.

Chris
--
stick ponies for staff people