Re: combobox event handling

On Tue, 2001-09-04 at 18:21, manchalapraveenk reddy wrote:
hi all,
i am thank ful to u if u can help me out inthis.
i have a combobox and it has a dropdown list of 3
entries. i would like to perform 3 different
operations on the selection of each of them.

would that be three operations on each of them, or one for each but
depending on the specific entry? In the first case you just install
three different callbacks, in the later you either install callbacks on
the different items in the list, or you put a switch in your one
callback.

Anyway, the list you see in the popdown list is a GtkList, and it is
accessible through GTK_COMBO(combo)->list. You can check the reference
manual for the kinds of signals emitted by a list
<URL:http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/gtk/gtklist.html>. The entries
in the list are GtkListItem objects. You can read about those at
<URL:http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/gtk/gtklistitem.html>.

i would
like to know how the signals are handled for each of
them for 3 different operations.

the signals are handle the same way for all operations, since the
signals won't know much about the operations. If you have installed
three callbacks, each is going to be called once during the signalling
(unless you start mucking around with the signal emission). Or am I
missing the question?

        /mailund

--
I never realized it before, but having looked that over I'm certain
I'd rather have my eyes burned out by zombies with flaming dung sticks