Re: stop focus-out-event in GtkEntry GTK 2.0

Hi all,

I have some trouble with the focus-navigation too.
I add different callbacks to to the focus-out-event of an GtkEntry.
The callbacks validate the input that where made in the entry and if the tests fail,
I do an gtk_signal_emit_stop_by_name( widget, "focus-out-event" )
to prevent the following callbacks from running and grab the focus in the entry. It's an port of an old and huge motif project, so I have to do it this way.
The problem:
gtk stops the "focus-out-event", ok
but gtk emits the "focus-in-event" for the following widget and the entry with the
"stopped focus-out" signal will get the focus never again.
Who knows why gtk does it so?
Regards,
Sebastian