Re: GtkOptionMenu menu is invisible

And though it all seems to work,when the option menu is clicked no menu
is shown just a tiny little square.
I can call gtk_option_menu_get_menu look at the menu and it all seems
correct and the lable in the option menu itself is correct (it is the
first menu item.)
Am I doing something obviously wrong here?

  Yes. Since the menu is in its own window, the menu items have to be
shown individually. You need to issue a gtk_widget_show(menuItem); just
after the call to gtk_menu_append().

I tride sticking in a gtk_widget_show but it didn't help.

  Where and how did you try a gtk_widget_show()?

A thousand thank-yous :))))))))))))))) I called gtk_widget_show on the
menu but should have called gtk_widget_show_all so it filtered down to
menu items doh.

--
 David dindinx org