callbacks - debug

Hi,

Signal callabcks are generally of the form :
void callback_func(GtkWidget *widget, gpointer data)
and event callbacks are generally of the form :
void callback_func(GtkWidget *widget, GdkEvent *event, gpointer data)

I wonder how much I can reasonably change this in my own callbacks ? Can I
declare callback functions with no widget/data if I don't have any use for
those parameters ? Same with the event param in the case of event callbacks
?