Re: fork only forks out problems

bals ji <gtksophists yahoo com> writes:
I am trying to implement a vt100 emulator using gtk ..
i have opened a top level window with a text widget in

It's impossible to implement a vt100 emulator using a text widget,
I'll go ahead and warn you. If I were doing this I would make the
xterm sources into a library that could be used in a GTK widget.

it and after that i fork a child process with
     gtk_main() in it..

in the parent when i try to insert some text into the
text widget .. i get  the following error

           Gdk-ERROR **: BadIDChoice (invalid resource
ID chosen for this connection)
       serial 222 error_code 14 request_code 1
minor_code 0

I have even used _exit() in the child ....
the synopsis of the program is as follows..

main()
{
   .... create windows and text widget .....

      fork()
{
      child:
              fork()
              {       grandchild:
                                exec telnet
                      child:
                              gtk_main();

The child is sharing an X connection with the parent; won't work at
all. Child should simply reap the grandchild then _exit(). (note
underscore prefix)

Havoc