Re: Equivalent to gdk_draw_rgb_image that scales output?

"Lewin A.R.W. Edwards" <larwe larwe com> writes:
Is there an equivalent function to gdk_draw_rgb_image that can do
simple decimation and expansion, so that (for instance) I can display
a 1536x1024 image at fullscreen size on a 1024x768 display surface?

I have my own decimation routines but they're probably horribly
inefficient, and also they add an extra read-store for every single
pixel, because I have to convert my internal full-size buffer to a
screen-size version at 8:8:8 and then use gdk_draw_rgb_image to get it
onto the screen.

gdk-pixbuf just has scaling routines (it can scale the 1536x1024 to
another RGB buffer of a different size).

We don't have the code to do on-the-fly scaling without creating the
temporary RGB buffer. It's really painful to write because there are
so many formats for the hardware image data (GdkImage).

Havoc