Simple Gnome App

Hello All,
        I am writing a simple mp3 player application for gnome,
but I seem to have run into a snag. I have some label widgets that
I use to display information about the mp3 files, they work fine most of
the time. But after another window overlaps my mp3 player, and the mp3
player is brought back into focus the label widgets no longer draw them
selves. I would greatly appreciate it if someone would point me in the
direction of a solution or provide me with one.

Thank You Very Much,
Micah Cox