scrolling text window.

Hello,
        I was playing with gdict and it has an "bug" that in order to
        scroll the main window I need to have mouse over scroll bar
        and it won't work if have my mouse over main text window itself.

        Now I'm kind of lost on what's the best way to fix it.

        For example the same program uses to pop up speller window and for
        it scrolling works fine both when mouse is over defintions windows
        as well as scroll bar. However, it uses  gtk_scrolled_window_new()
        to create the spell window.

        but for main window the sroll bar is created separately using
        gtk_vscrollbar_new().

        my guess is that I need to make the text window somehow
        react to 'button 4' and 'button 5' events and then
        pass (emit) signals ... umm that's getting messy, did I mention
        I'm lost?

        any hints?

--
Adam