Need Info on Interfaces

Hello,

I'm trying to understand `Interfaces' in the new GObject stuff.

Are these Interfaces similar to Interfaces in Java?  The struct
for GTypeInterface is:

    struct _GTypeInterface
    {
        /*< private >*/

        GType g_type;         /* iface type */
        GType g_instance_type;
    };

Which seems to imply to me, because of the `g_instance_type', that
the Interface is somehow linked with a specific Class.  (And thus
not like a Java Interface.  Since, in Java, Interfaces and not
attached to any specific Class,... but instead, are implemented
by them.)  Is this correct?  And if so, what is the nature of these
Interfaces?

TIA

     Charles Iliya Krempeaux