RE: how can I display jpeg pictures in my gtk applications using jpeg-6b?

  Dear Zou,

  I believe there are a few ways; The ways I know all use imlib.
  (I look forward to using gtkpixmap, but haven't seen it yet.)

  I've used a GtkDrawingArea, and drawn to it with GDK calls. It's not the
prettiest thing, because you have to maintain the GtkDrawingArea upon
exposure.

  For source code, go to http://taoriver.net/~lion/proj/infinity/ and
download the tar file. Look in io_gtk.h, and you'll see what I'm talking
about.

  Another way is to use a GnomeCanvas. I love the GnomeCanvas. It's great;
it takes care of all the management for you.

  Some python source utilizing the GnomeCanvas to draw images can be found
at: http://taoriver.net/~lion/proj/animation/anim5.python

  I hear that there is a GtkCanvas, but I haven't seen it. Maybe it's in
2.0. If you have access to it, I'd recommend using that and a GtkPixmap; I
suspect they are hanging out together, and work well together. I don't know
about either, though I've been eager to see them.

  Take care,
    Lion =^_^=