[no subject]

I'd suggest that you stick to GTK+ however; after a
few years of Win SDK based GUI programming, GTK has
come as a breath of fresh air for me!

Other refernces for GTK are the website (see the FAQ
and the tutorial).  Maybe you'll want to check out
Glade as a RAD tool (glade.gnome.org).

I have used wget to download the relevant GTK
documentation off the website onto my hard disk, so it
is has become a permanent offline reference for me.  I
suggest that you do the same.

Mail me if you need any further info.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Krishnan

--- Ian Frawley <ifrawley opaltelecom co uk> wrote:
PS. could anyone recommend a good book on the
programming of X cos I am really new to this and I
am a bit confused with GTK+ GTK--, GDK, GIMP etc.
etc. I am not sure what I should actually be using.

Thanks

Ian