Re: Is gtk a viable GUI framework for use with C++?

"Karim Hernandez" <karim dragonshed com> writes:

I'm looking into developing some crossplatform (linux and windows)
opensource-ware, and I would like to use GTK for the GUI.  The prefered
language is C++ however, so I need to know if anyone out there has
successfully used it with GTK on both linux and windows. Issues with C++ on
linux asside, are there any obvious GTK issues I should know about?  Should
I be looking at a different widget set?

There should be no problem. GTK obviously has a plain-C interface, but
said interface is a C++ subset and the headers have the extern "C"
lines to be sure things work.

A C++ kit or C++ GTK binding might be more friendly to you, if you are
uncomfortable with how plain C works.

Havoc