Re: how to get backtrace on warnings?

Dave Morse <dm-gtk bomberlan net> writes:
I'd like to get a backtrace or something.  I tried running the app with
"--sync --g-fatal-warnings", then getting gdb to break on the call of the
function "exit", but gdb refuses to break on exit.  I tried breaking
gtk_exit, but its not called.  Ideas?

You shouldn't need to break on anything, --g-fatal-warnings will call
abort() which should stop you in the debugger.

Failing that, jrb suggested g_log, this only works on compilers with
varargs macros, g_logv should always work though.

Havoc