File Selection Wierdness

I created a program that opens wad files and lists the directory
structure.
I noticed something very strange.  If I open a file with only 2
characters
before the ".wad" extension it crashes after the callback that reads the

file finishes.  This callback is attached to the OK button on the file
selection
dialog.  The only call to the dialog in the callback is a call to get
the filename
from it.  Any other filename works fine.  It actually opens the file and
reads it
but crashes just on the 2 character filename.  If I make it one
character it works
fine.  If I make it 3 characters it works fine.  Anyone else see this?

Frank