Re: gtk_signal_connect() and passing parameters

There are two problems with the code you posted
here:

      1) The button_press_event signal has an additional
parameter that you
are not including in the declaration of your
callback function.
      2) It looks like you are passing in the pointer to
a local variable
(i).

I think that problem #1 is what's tripping you up.
Change your callback to:

      void button1_callback(GtkWidget *widget,
              GdkEventButton *button,
              gpointer data)
      {
              g_print("i: %d\n", *((int *)data));
      }

If i is a local variable, you have a separate
problem.

     -- Darin

Darin,

It was problem #1 as you expected (i was not local, so
problem #2 was not the cause).  Thank You so much.  My
code now works as expected.   I'm sure glad I joined
this mail list. :-)

shem_mazur yahoo com au

http://messenger.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Messenger
- Voice chat, mail alerts, stock quotes and favourite news and lots more!