Re: ProgressBar

On Sat, 05 May 2001 18:46:33 +0100, Paulo Jorge de Oliveira Cantante de Matos
said:

Hi Dear All,

 I've been lately able to solve all my problems due to not only the
 excellent documentation on GTK but also due to your help.
 I'm again facing a problem!!!
 I'm trying to put a Progress Bar up and running with values between 0
 and 1...
 The Progress Bar appears in the window but it's not doing anything. When
 the proccess starts, the window 'freezes' till the proccess ends, no
 progress bar, no nothing...
 What I have configured about the PBar is the following:
 pbar = gtk_progress_bar_new();
 gtk_progress_bar_set_bar_style (GTK_PROGRESS_BAR(pbar),
 GTK_PROGRESS_CONTINUOUS);
 gtk_progress_bar_set_orientation (GTK_PROGRESS_BAR(pbar),
 GTK_PROGRESS_LEFT_TO_RIGHT);
 gtk_box_pack_start (GTK_BOX (box2), pbar, FALSE, FALSE, 0);
 adj = gtk_adjustment_new(0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0);
 gtk_progress_set_adjustment(GTK_PROGRESS(pbar), adj);
 gtk_widget_show(pbar);

 And I try to update the Progress Bar by calling this function since my
 pbar is a global var:

 void set_progress_bar(float value) {
   gtk_progress_set_value (GTK_PROGRESS(pbar), (gfloat)value);

add this here
        while (gtk_events_pending())
                gtk_main_iteration();

 }