Re: g_timer_elapsed

Hi!

You are trying to print a double as an int (change %d to %f in your
printout, this will make the print look better).

Regards,
Mikael Hallendal

Den 05 May 2001 13:21:27 +0100 skrev Paulo Jorge de Oliveira Cantante de Matos:
Hi,
Pls check this code and its result:
Code:
#include <stdio.h>
#include <gtk\gtk.h>

int main(void) {
      GTimer *mytime;
      unsigned long msecs;
      double secs;
      unsigned long soma=1000;
      g_timer_reset(mytime);
      g_timer_start(mytime);
      for(;soma>0;soma--) g_print("duh");
      secs = g_timer_elapsed(mytime, &msecs);
      g_print("\n\n%d secs, %lu msecs", secs, msecs);
      return 0;
}

Result: ("duh" repeated 1000 times and...)
-927712936 secs, 1071103606 msecs

What kind of result is this?
Negative seconds??? As far as I can read in the manual:
gdouble     g_timer_elapsed                 (GTimer *timer,
                                              gulong *microseconds);

                   timer :
                          the timer.
            microseconds :
                          if non-NULL, this will be set to the
microseconds component of the elapsed time (it does not include the
number of seconds
                          elapsed).
                  Returns :
                          the elapsed time in seconds, as a double.

It seems that it is not working. What's the problem?

Best regards,

--
|  ICQ # 361853  |  http://www.pdestroy.net | pdestroy netcabo pt |