Re: timeouts no longer work

Dave Andruczyk <djandruczyk yahoo com> writes:

I was using timeout functions  in my program eXtace and when I upgraded to
Mandrake 8.0 (also tested with redhat 7.1) and the timeouts no longer work
properly..

the code is:
display_id = gtk_timeout_add((int)((1/(float)refresh_rate)*1000.0),
(GtkFunction)draw, NULL);

From my debugging code, "draw()" function runs only once and then never again..

It works on mandrake 7.2 (and older) and redhat 7.0 (and older).  It seems to
be tied to something with the newer GTK/gdk/glib and the new kernels/libc.  Has
anyone else experienced this??

Most likely, your draw function doesn't have a return value, so whether
it gets removed (FALSE return), or sticks around (TRUE return)
is completely random.
                                        Owen