Re: using GtkScrolledWindow in gnome canvas

Vijay Ramachandran writes:
After the upgrade to gtk+ 1.2.9, gtk-xemacs, which is xemacs built using
gtk+, had this same behavior. William Perry, the author of this code,
said that if he changed the theme, then the scrollbars appeared. I too
found this same behavior, with the caveat that only existing xemacs
frames showed this behavior, i.e., the scrollbar pops up only when the
theme is changed (and remains on if the change is revert), and any new
xemacs frame has no scrollbar, regardless of the theme chosen - which
seems to point out to some initialization change, or parameter change in
some function call.

Ok, I can confirm this behavior -- any ideas on how to work around it?
Will this bug be fixed in gtk+ 1.2.10?

dave