Resizing GdkPixmap Images

I want to be able to resize, and if possible, rotate images stored in a GdkPixmap. Are there any functions to do this? Also, (this could apply if no functions exist, and I have to write them myself), how are the images stored in a GdkPixmap struct?

I'm writing a map editor or sorts, and I need to do this to accomplish various zoom levels, and not having to have a differnt image stored for every zoom level.

Concerning this: what would be the best way to store and display a map? Let's say the entire map would take up a 10,000 x 10,000 pixel area. Would it be best to parse it all beforehand, and just put the huge canvas into a scrolled window? Or would it be better to have a smaller canvas, and draw onto it just the section of the map that is being displayed?

Thanks.

  Al Morgan [ mann2 qwest net ]

p.s. (moderator: my other message got sent from the wrong account. ignore it.)