Re: Threads (WAS: RE: pthreads, pixmaps and event boxes : update lock s app BUT no-update frees app.)

Michael Mitton <Michael Mitton millersville edu> writes:
Maybe someone could fill me in here.

Is it possible (from a theoretical standpoint) for the gtk to automatically
call gdk_threads_enter() and gdk_threads_leave()?  I just never understood
why the programmer had to make these calls...

I believe it is possible, but there are some tradeoffs in performance
and implementation complexity.

Havoc