RE: GtkText invisible

-----Original Message-----
From: Havoc Pennington [mailto:hp redhat com]
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2001 5:32 AM

I don't have too much view on that, though I do tend to think that
following Windows is a good idea, because they spend lots of money on
user testing. Attempts to reason from first principles just aren't a
substitute for an empirical approach.

And as far as I am aware disabling a static text control in Windows
(i.e. making it insensitive) makes the text grey, not invisible.

It'd be worth seeing what the Mac does here as well.

Mac OS makes the text grey in the example I've seen, after a quick
look around.  I haven't tried to code it myself, though.

My 1c worth (given the crap exchange rate we have at the moment)