Re: Naming conventions

On  5 Mar, Dean Schumacher wrote:
Does anyone have a good standard set of naming conventions
to use in GTK+ programming for variable (widget) names,
signal handler names, etc.?  I'm just getting started
developing a GTK+ application, and would like to use an
existing set of standards if there is one.

I think the best advice comes from Kernighan & Pike (The Practice of
Programming, page 3 & 4):

- Use descriptive names for globals, short names for locals.
- Be consistent

My own $0.02: long mixed case names i.e. "theElementIndex" are seriously
brain-damaged, as is Hungarion notation (adding variable types to variable
names)

Roland (donning my asbestos underwear now ;-)
--
Roland Smith                        "When life hands you a lemon,
r s m i t h @ x s 4 a l l . n l      make lemonade."