Re: Directory display widget?

I'm trying to write a file manager app, with both the tree view and icon
view modes.  Is there an existing GTK widget to allow me to do this?  If
not, any suggestions as to how to go about doing it?  Thanks.

Note that I know of I'm afraid. And this is an area that I looked into
earlier while trying to port Endeavour to GTK+.

Only suggestion I can think of is to create two widgets, a GtkCTree and
another being a customized icon view widget. There's been many suggestions
on this approach however I'm still researching for the most viable
approach.

Most direct way would be to create a scrolled window with one huge
GtkDrawingArea in it. Use GtkPixmaps as icons and draw the strings and
rectangles yourself using GDK.

This may not be the best approach, as I've come across other suggestions
but I'm still looking into those, busy busy! *G*

--
Sincerely,                  ,"-_                         \|/
-Capt. Taura M.             ,   O=__                    --X--