Re: Arrays, Returns and Fork

G'Day !

Would not a thread allow you to do what you want ?  Threads do have the
advantage of shared memory.

cheers,
Jim Parker

Sailboat racing is not a matter of life and death ....  It is far more important
than that !!!

                    Steve & Patti Getzinger

                    <steveandpatti wubs org>        To:     gtk-app-devel-list gnome org

                    Sent by:                        cc:

                    gtk-app-devel-list-admin        Subject:     Arrays, Returns and Fork

                    @gnome.org

                    03/05/01 02:40 PM

Here is what I have. I immediately fork to run one func that shows a
splash and while that is running a second func (in child) to run a
locate command and create an array of the returns. I then am killing the
child process. I need the array from the child in the next function that
executes in the parent. Is there a wiser way to build this array? The
locate command stalls the main app if not forked (naturally). I need the
array to build labels for radio buttons in the dialog that comes up
after the splash. Any thoughts?

TIA
Steve