Re: Sizing top level windows and gtk_widget_size_request problems

Hi,

particular, top level windows. When I set the size of a window with
gtk_widget_set_usize (width, height) the widget usually resizes to the
size I have specified. However, if I call this on a top level window
widget and the size is smaller than its current size nothing happens

gtk_widget_set_usize() sets a minimum size.  If the widget is larger
than this minimum, it does not have to resize. As described by Havoc in
GGAD, using set_usize() on top level widgets is usually a bad idea.  Try
this out instead:

gtk_window_set_default_size (GtkWindow *window,
                             gint width,
                             gint height);

I hope that helps.

        --mattgerg