Re: Need an advise

On Wed, 27 Jun 2001 redon st freesurf fr wrote:

Hello Sirs,

My name is Stephan REDON and I am a french student. I am doind five months
of internship and learning GTK+, in particular GTKfb-1.3.4, using glib-
1.3.4 and pango-0.15 and others it needs. My aim is to create a application
on a embedded machine which will use GTKfb for its user interface.
From my side, I have already realised a few simple applications which still
work but one them still gives me some problem that my skills in GTK+ can't
resolve.

this application consists :
1- To create a main window without a border

You have to request this from the windowmanager.

2- To put an image in the background of this main window

Try to use  a fixed widget and add a pixmap.

3- to add many widgets, like buttons or other images, in the main window
above the image put in the background

Shold be no problem if you could put the widgets on fixed positions
on the "fixed" widget.

GH

My problem is that I can't mix the 3 parts.

Could you please send me a few advises or a few samples which could help me
to realise it ? I thank you in advance

yours sincerely

Mr Stephan REDON