Right click popup on GtkText

Hello.
I have the following problem. I am creating a popup_menu when right-clicking on a
GtkText widget:

  if (event->button == global.options.popup_create) {
    pop = create_user_popup();
    gtk_menu_popup(GTK_MENU(pop), NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL,
                   event->button, event->time);
  }

Now an menuitem action creates a new window with a close button in it.
But this close button does not respond to mouse clicks (and it _is_
sensitive). I have to click around a few times outside this window, then it
works again.

It all works fine if i use a left click to open the popup_menu. Middle
button also doesnt work.

I think it must have something to do with the gtk selection stuff.

Anyone knows what is going on here?

Thanks in advance.
Markus