Float parameter to gdk_draw_point

Hi ,

           I am porting a game (which is written for Windows by my
college friends ) to linux . In  the programming I have to do a blasting
effect . To do that I am getting values of the point from the o/p of
sine function , but the o/ps are in float , now when I am gviving these
values to gdk_draw_point (........)  the points are not getting drawn .
What I have to do to draw these points.

Pls help.

my code is somthing like this:
           float x , y , u;
            int a , l;

               u = 3.141/5;
                       x = a + l*sine(u);
                       y  = a + l*sine(u);

                gdk_draw_point(where_to_draw ,  gc , x , y);    //I am
giving other parameters of gdk_draw_point  correctly.