Re: Transparency

On Fri, 15 Jun 2001 16:31:45 +0000, Frederic Cazenave said:

 Could you explain me how to make a window partly "transparent" :
 If I superimpose 2 windows, and I want to see in the focus one
 a tranparent area which permit me to see the window above.

Do you mean transparent as in certain pixels are not drawn on
top of something else or a pixel on the source is blended to a
corresponding pixel on the target?

Blending is going to require that you `XGetImage' the source and
manipulate the target internally with your own blitting code.

Transparency can be done by using a clip mask bitmap when you
draw one pixmap on top of the other as it does with the pixtext
cells on the GtkCList.

Sincerely,                  ,"-_                         \|/
-Capt. Taura M.             ,   O=__                    --X--
.__                          ,_JNMNNEO=_                 /|\
OMNOUMmnne.                  {OMMNNNEEEEOO=_
UOOOBIOOOEOMMn.               'LONMMMMNNEEEOOO=.__..,,..
UUOOEUUOOOOOOOObe              '"=OMMMMWNEEEOOOOO,"=OEEEOO=,._
OOUUUIEEIOONNOIUbe.                "7OMMMMNNNNNWWEEEEOOOOOO"   "'.
EEBNNMMMNWNWWEEIMMNe.             __  7EMMMNNNNNWWWEEEEEEEOO.     " .
NNMMMMWWWMMMWEINMMMNn            "=BBEEEEMMMMMMMMNNNWWWEEOOOOO=._     .
                  http://furry.ao.net/~learfox/