Re: Changing cursors

You can use something like this:

gdk_window_set_cursor(GTK_WIDGET(window)->window,

gdk_cursor_new(GDK_WATCH));
gdk_flush();

This will use the default cursors defined in gdkcursors.h

If you want the cursor to revert to the WM default just use NULL as the
argument in gdk_cursor_new().

Kirk Waters wrote:

Maybe I've just missed it in all the documentation and the FAQ, but I
haven't come across anything about how to change the cursor.
Specifically, I'm looking to change the arrow cursor to an hourglass
during a long calculation.  Is this something that needs to be done
using X calls (or Windows calls when porting)?  My apologies if the
documentation on this is in some painfully obvious place that I missed.

Thanks,
Kirk