Re: gtk_signal_emit_stop seems to get confused

On Sat, 09 Jun 2001 02:46:41 Havoc Pennington wrote:

rob <mailingLists pangolin org uk> writes:
I don't seem to be able to stop the insert-text signal if I also block
my
signal handler.

What I'm trying to achieve here is that the user enters say an &, we
intersept it, stop the signal, stop our signal handler from being
emited a
second time, re-insert the escaped text ( &amp; ) this time allowing
handlers further up to deal with escaped text, and then re-enable our
handler.

But the first signal isn't being stoped resulting in duplicate text (
ie
rather than &amp; we get &amp;& ).

If I comment out everything after the gtk_signal_emit_stop the signal
gets
stoped and no text is ever displayed.

It might be a GTK bug, I'm not sure. You might try moving the
emit_stop after the block though, if it's a bug it seems like that
would make a difference.

Tried this and it works fine now thanks. Should I report this somewhere?

Havoc

rob